Are You Looking for a Way to Reclaim Your Youth?
The black printed shirt was pulled out of the closet once again as the guests left your home this weekend. Adorned with large white bowling pins with red strips at the neck, 25 years ago the shirt was a major fashion statement. Today, it still looks fashionable, but more than that it carries so many memories. While other bowlers were waring nothing but t-shirts and jeans, your husband loved the fact that the two of you had found a well made button down shirt that gave a wink to his favorite pastime.
It was this bowling shirt that your husband wore the first time the two of you had your picture taken with your college roommate’s first child. Since then, that child has now had two sons of her own. And both times that they have visited you, your husband pulled the shirt out of the closet to create a repeat photo with these new babies. Looking back on the photo from more than tow decades ago, there are many changes. At the time of that first photo your husband was already balding; today he is bald with a closely shaven style on the sides. In the earlier photo your husband also boasted a pretty aggressive mustache. It is hard to deny, however, that your husband is every bit as handsome today as he was back then.
Hair Transplant Surgery Costs Allow Many People to Reclaim Their Youthful Appearances
If you are looking for a way to reclaim your youth, it is likely that you will consider the hair loss treatment options available. From complete hair transplant surgery to other hair loss treatments, there are now many ways that people can get the look that they want. Consider some of these facts and figures about the hair loss treatment industry and the effect that it has not only on individuals but the economy of the nation as well:
- One of the most popular hair loss treatment options available is Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). In this procedure, individual follicular unit grafts, which are actually hair groupings of one to four hairs as they occur naturally in the scalp. are harvested one at a time using a tiny punch typically ranging from .7 to 1 millimeter in size.
- The typical FUE procedure takes approximately eight hours.
- Healing time after an FUE hair transplant is dependent on skin type, but the grafts take in a matter of days and redness settles in about four to five days.
- Androgenetic Alopecia, commonly called male pattern baldness (MPB), accounts for more than 95% of hair loss in men.
- In the Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) procedure, a strip of scalp from a non-balding area is surgically removed, and placed in incisions in the areas that are balding.
- FUSS is invasive, has a higher complication rate, and typically leaves scar in back of the head, limits graft harvesting due to pulling of scalp in future procedures, and takes more time to recover from. FUE, on the other hand, is minimally invasive, has a lower complication rate, does not leave large scars, and has a shorter recovery time. FUE patients can also shave or keep hair short in the future, and can co
- By the age of 35, as many as two-thirds of American men will experience some degree of appreciable hair loss.
- Fast forward to the age of 50 and approximately 85% of men have significantly thinning hair.
- In almost all cases, 50% of a man’s head of hair will be gone before it becomes cosmetically visible to others.
- FUE is one of the primary methods of obtaining follicular units, naturally occurring groups of one to four hairs, for hair transplantation. However, FUE can have natural groupings as much as seven or eight in a single graft.
- In the U.S. alone, nearly 35 million other men are enduring some level of hair loss, baldness, or a combination of the two.
Whether you are looking back at photos of you in the past or you are concerned about the current state of the hair on your head, there are many ways that you can get a better head of hair, one that will help you look younger and feel more confident.